Apparently I need to list ten honest things about myself. So, in no particular order,
- I am tired
- My parents are currently trapped in Tanzania and can't get home until 'planes are flying back into the UK again. We have missed them, Little Fish especially.
- I am a shoplifter. This afternoon I walked into Mothercare with the girls, hung a load of school uniform off Mog's wheelchair, queued up to pay and walked out with two pairs of trousers still on her chair. I did return the trousers, but couldn't get eye contact out of the shop assistant, so just laid them on the counter and walked off. If the CCTV picked up our exit, I do hope it also picked up our re-entry.
- There is no sweeter sound than that of a small child breathing easily whilst fast asleep.
- I have a one inch long fish. He is the sole survivor of a friend's tank, transferred into our tank and all our fish died. I bought new fish last week, and they were all found dead one morning, sticking to the filter. There's the possibility that he is just incredibly hardy, but we suspect he may in fact be the world's smallest serial killer.
- I have a sneaking suspicion that this list is incredibly boring to read.
- Too many of my friends have lost a child (or more than one) this year.
- Helen House have just offered us three nights for Mog from tomorrow. Sleep will be hugely welcome. I am however tired at both the thought of packing for Mog, and the forthcoming tantrums from Little Fish, who went off to bed complaining that it wasn't fair and that she wanted to stay there too.
- I had an argument with
a friendan acquaintance this morning who was envious of the fact we get to use Helen House and refused to admit that just possibly she might want to be happy about the fact her child did not meet the qualifying criteria for hospice care. This makes me cross. And that makes me cross with myself.
- The daffodils and tulips and primroses are blooming beautifully in my garden, and the sun shining down on them makes me realise we are actually having a Spring this year, new life, new hope. I used to love Winter but it turns out I am starting to crave the sun. Does this mean I'm getting old?
- I am tired
the Henn House
Smiles and Trials
Sarah's Covenant Homes
Stop by, if you don't already know them.
There's a chance of sleep at some point in the next few days. I might be slightly more inspired as a result. Thanks for bearing with me.