Friday 5 August 2011

Come, my beloved

The Man called, "Come, my Beloved, and live with Me in My house forever."

And the woman replied, "I am not ready for You, I cannot come to You like this. Let me prepare myself first."

The Man said "I know you and I love you, for my Father created you, and He and I are one. I already know your deepest darkest secrets and I live you not despite them nor for them but through them and in them."

And the woman said "But if you know my secrets then I must run, for I am ashamed."

So the Man asked "Where can you go from My presence? If you go up to the heavens I am there, if you go down to the depths I am there too. If you settle on the far side of the sea, even there I am with you. For I am with you always, even to the very end."

And the woman said "But I need to learn how to love You. I am so very tired, and I need my sleep. I must care for my children and all these things which You have given me."

The Man said "Come. Just as you are, just who you are. You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I have called you out of the darkness and into My glorious light. My burden is easy and my yoke is light. My gifts to you will never weigh you down but beautify you for I delight in you and they reflect my love."

And still the woman hesitated, saying "This is not how I thought things would be."

The Man replied "Do not be concerned about other people's experiences, for this is not about them but you. Walk with me in the way I have chosen for you."

And the woman said "Come, Lord Jesus, Come."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin