Monday 7 April 2008

Addendum

No, we aren't flying out of Heathrow Terminal Five! I think everyone I have spoken to in the past 48 hours has asked me that at least once.

A long and sillily stressful night - all bags packed, all tickets and passports collected and witnessed, I even found my sandals. And ended up having dream runs about being trapped in a ruined castle , with a strange woman who owned a motability scooter and wouldn't therefore let Little Fish charge her wheelchair at the single power outlet in the castle (all ruined castles have single power outlets, don't you know?), wandering around the castle and discovering a hospital where nurses were selling babies to adoptive parents, but only autistic babies, finding friends in ruined corridors but friends who had left seriously sick children with in laws who wouldn't look after them properly; kept waking up and going back into the same dream again. With new and intriguing twists. Normally I like dreams like that - get back to sleep to see what the next chapter will be - but I could have done with a decent solid block of sleep last night. As it is it's going to be nearly 24 hours from when I woke up properly this morning until I can fall back into a bed again tonight. I have a feeling we won't be doing very much tomorrow!

However I now have coffee, clean clothes (and a rather wet bra as I forgot to hang it up to dry last night but perhaps we won't mention that), and am starting to think we might actually be going on holiday after all.


It's 7AM and our carer has arrived. The taxi's due in an hour; I need to go and make breakfasts, wash faces, find clothes, and GO ON HOLIDAY!

If I don't get online when I'm out there I'll see you all when I get back.
Tia

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin