Wednesday 1 April 2020

Day 15

Something accomplished, and our garden playground grows. As does the collection of cardboard outside our front door; with our waste deliveries shrinking regularly I’m really hoping cardboard and excess recycling is not a casualty until after this week’s has gone at least.

Reaching the stage where I regularly completely forget what day of the week
It is now. We get up, D takes me outside, A does her schoolwork. We stop for meals. And repeat.

I am deeply thankful that we have a garden. The fence panels are becoming looser with every rainfall. I see pictures of neighbours removing panels so they can have socially distanced drinks together apart. This would not work with a D. I just hope that however long this lasts, we can keep the boundaries boy proof until we are welcome in the wider world again.

2 comments:

mq cb said...

I'm glad that you're still writing. Could you reinforce the fence in some way? I have a picture in my head of that orange plastic netting wound that's supposed to be temporary when you want it to be, but sturdy enough to provide a barrier. Would that work to provide a visible boundary for D?

Tia said...

At the moment it’s still D-proof, but yes I think I may have some metal netting fence type stuff rolled up at the back of the garage somewhere.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin