Tuesday 28 July 2009

Little Fishisms

"Mum, Mum, Mummy, Mummy, um excuse me, Mum? Can I borrow your teatowel I can?"
"Why?"
"Acos I need to be sick in it."
Manners and self control; what more can a parent ask for?


"Mummy, my pretty hat is extremely beautiful"
Yes, sweetheart it is, and now you need to stop watching quite so much Charlie and Lola... Thankfully this will be easily accomplished; the DVD player did not appreciate last night's offering of strawberry yoghurt.


Halfway to our appointment, calmly and in an observational manner rather than any kind of panic or urgency - "Mummy, you not got my wheelchair, you not did."


Still made it to the appointment in plenty of time, not too long to wait at xray, a regular herd of other parents to talk to. Lunch on the hoof and then Tesco, and suddenly an 11AM appointment has lasted all day long. Home now and just time for a ham sandwich and a bout of Norah Jones for Mog, and then our carer will be here and the day will be over. I like days like this.

Tia

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin