Saturday 10 July 2010

Harvest

I recommend raspberries. Buy half a dozen canes, poke them into holes in the ground, and then enjoy a sprinkling of raspberries for breakfast every day for several weeks in the summer. Chop them down when they've finished fruiting, and watch them grow again the next year. Until finally one day you manage to collect more than just a sprinkling. Six whole juicy ounces! Finally, a picking too large for just my hands.

So, what to do with them? Not really enough to freeze down, not enough to share around, not enough for jam or a crumble.

And every recipe I can find suggests pairing them with that most evil of pretend foods, white chocolate.

Until I decided to search through The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen and came across these rather delicious-sounding Cheesecake Brownies.
Looking good!
Tia

5 comments:

pippinsmum said...

I adore raspberries, but they do rather take over the garden if you let the. I made a summer pudding for our church anniversary tea today, most of the fruit came from our garden; raspberries tayberries,loganberries and blackcurrants. I love the soft fruit season. there is enough left over for pudding tomorrow too.

HennHouse said...

OH that DOES look good!!

Tina said...

Sadly all my rasberry canes died over winter. Glad we discovered the cherries but not so easy to harvest. Rasberries go so well with meringue and clotted cream.
Microwaved meringues are perfect.
Hugs

junglemama said...

Sounds yummy!

Pink (AKA Lucia) said...

You just made me hungry, and it's bedtime for me! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin