Sunday 13 July 2008

Popularity

We had a meeting this afternoon about New Wine next month. As we walked in, we were greeted with "now this is the woman we love!" Very nice - but why, exactly?

Because I am such an awesomely wonderful person to be having my girls? Refreshingly, no.

Because I am such an amazingly excellent person to be taking my girls camping? Nope, not that either.

Because, setting aside my girls altogether and viewing myself as distinct from them (not something I can manage very well; strip them away and who am I?), I myself am simply truly loveable? Nah, not even that.

So, why am I "the woman we love"? Because we need electrical hook up to power Little Fish's ventilator overnight. This means that firstly, our church has been given a camping slot which is conveniently central to everything which is going on rather than being placed on the outer edges (a shorter distance to run the cable), and secondly, that we will have an electrical socket in our tent. It is not beyond the realms of possibility that this will be used by fellow campers to charge phones and cameras*.

It's nice to be loved.
Tia

*My fees are modest. I am also considering hiring out Little Fish with her powerchair to carry bags of shopping between the carpark and the campsite. Her fees are less modest.

4 comments:

MOM2_4 said...

LOL! Sounds like you could start a business ;o) Love to be loved!

Sarah said...

ha ha ha! You will be very popular all week I imagine!

And the first three reasons are all true as well I'm sure!

Robyn said...

lol fab! dont forget your hook up cable btw!

and Powerchairs with children in them are GREAT shopping trolleys I find...mainly beacuse they dont tip up under too much weight hanging from them :)!

Doorless said...

Wonderful! you should come back renewed.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin