Thursday 10 January 2008

I've been tagged!

Seven things you might not know about me.

1. I used to be able to play the viola. Don't think I could do it now - I borrowed my uncle's viola to learn and he later sold it to buy a piano for my cousins. I do regret not finding the money to buy it from him when he was selling it - it was a beautiful instrument with a lovely tone. I suspect my neighbours are grateful though!

2. As a child, I organised my books into a library, had a book recording them all, and used to lend them out to friends. These days my shelves look more like this:

3. When I went to college age 18, people thought I was 30. I only lasted 6 months of a 4 year course. I am therefore the only child of my parents not to have an undergraduate degree; I am additionally the only cousin and the first in two generations not to have one. I do however have post-grad qualifications, which nearly make up for this in the eyes of those to whom it matters (not me!).

4. When I was 9, my family moved to California for a year. This gave me a lasting love for blueberry syrup (not available here), peaches and cream instant porridge (also not available here), peanut butter and jelly (again, unavailable here), and thick american pancakes (which I can make here, phew!). I guess I'm a breakfast girl!

5. We spent the last three months of that year camping, and camped our way up to Canada, down to Mexico and back. Good times.

6. I have been Baptised twice, once as an infant and once as an adult. Does this mean I get two places in heaven reserved for me?

7. I cannot tie shoelaces properly. I use a funny kind of double thumb knot which works but isn't correct, and I didn't learn how to do that until I was ten or so. I still can't tie a bow the "proper" way.

OK I tag Trina and Tina, Lauren and Laura. Mainly because I like the way their names sound together!

1 comment:

Normins said...

Thanks for those random facts, Tia! Nice to learn a bit more about you. I'm flattered you think there might be 7 things to know about me but I'm not so sure... Its taken me all day to think of one!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin