- being woken up in the middle of the night, not by alarms or by nurses taking neuro obs, but by a little girl needing a bit of music to disguise the noise of the rain hammering down on her window.
- stumbling back to my own, beautifully comfortable, bed and listening to the rain knowing that I don't have to be out in it, and that I have another seven hours at least to sleep.
- waking up in the morning with all three of us back here under one roof
- a warm bath and clean clothes
- having two carers turn up unexpectedly instead of one, and having one of them fix the garage lock, cart boxes of supplies out of the house into the garage, and then get Mog up as well as helping with Little Fish
- heating which works, and which kicks on for the coldest day for a while without needing any prodding or poking at all
- Brioche pudding for breakfast with fresh hot coffee, a meal I have cooked for myself and a hot drink I can hold in my hand whilst sitting with the girls, trusting myself not to spill it.
- A day with no timetable, just for us to to as we wish.