I know a couple of you who hang out over on Lynette's virtual porch, but most of the rest of you are strangers - so here's me,
In no particular order then, ten things about me. Regular readers who don't Lynette's blog can either ignore this or read on, go and read up on hers or do something else. But then you didn't need my permission to do that anyway. You'll notice I don't promise ten interesting things, just ten things. Read on at your own risk. Thank you.
1. I just bought two pairs of jeans, one size smaller than they've been for several years, despite a week of eating cake and takeaways. Go me!
2. I eat by feel more than by flavour. Malted milk biscuits, vanilla shortbread, Dairy Milk are all nice warm flavours. Mint, dark chocolate, lemon, and tomato are cold flavours. Cherry tomatoes are the worst, and remind me of bursting boils. I just know you're all delighted with me for sharing that last titbit.
3. I have two unfinished tapestries, one unfinished cross stitch, four unfinished pieces of knitting, three unfinished dresses and a long and useless piece of oddly shaped crochet. It is highly unlikely that any of these will ever be finished. I also have 30 yards (combined length) of shower curtaining and nursery mattress covering, none of which will ever be used. Anyone living locally wanting waterproof mattress covering or shower curtaining, please call in!
4. I'd rather curl up with a good book than go out for an evening.
5. I have not been able to light a scented candle in the house since Mog made it very apparent that she doesn't like them. I miss this. I'd like to know why incense is a problem for her but air freshener spray is not.
6. I do not enjoy the fact that my iMac has no right click. I'd like to know how mac users do many of the things I use the right click for, and how long it'll take me to work out what to do instead.
7. I am bored of having to turn Little Fish over in bed; she didn't used to need help doing this and now it can be every ten minutes or so. I am not an endlessly patient mother under these circumstances.
8. I never know how to answer the question "how many children do you have?" Three is too intimate for casual questioning, and two feels like a betrayal every time I say it.
9. I am now officially actively fostering again, and whilst I'm not expecting any placements before September, I am now available for short term under twos. This is exciting for all three of us, and apparently deeply concerning to everyone else. Share my joy, please, people!
10. This blog (in general, not this particular post) is a curious mixture of personal and public stuff. So much I choose not to post, so much I am asked not to post, so much else I choose to post which some people think I shouldn't. I try not to offend, upset, or break confidences. Where I have, I'm sorry. I wonder how accurate a picture of our life it portrays.
That's it; I'm off to meet some of the rest of you now!